How much money are we talking about?
This year within the Participatory Budget Gdynia residents may disburse the amount of PLN 11 148 564.
PLN 2 000 517 was dedicated to the CITY-LEVEL PROJECTS; the value of one project cannot exceed 1 million zloty.
PLN 9 148 047 was dedicated to DISTRICT-LEVEL PROJECTS – with the minor ones (up to PLN 10 thousand) and major ones (up to 90% of the amount assigned for a district).
For district-level projects you may put forward small initiatives (up to PLN 10 000) and large ones (whose value does not excedd 90% of the total amount for a particular district - district limits for PB can be found here).
They must be important form the prespective of the entire city, cost no more than PLN 1 million and satisfy the needs of residents of various districts.
What kind of projects can be submitted to the PB?
Projects may be related to areas such as:
- Education (e.g. workshops, regional education)
- Transport and traffic organisation (e.g. bike lanes, road renovations, solutions that calm traffic
- Culture (e.g. festivals, community festivities, artistic programmes, film screenings)
- Environmental protection (e.g. recycling containers, solar panels, bins for dog poop)
- Health and social support (e.g. prophylactic tests, pro-health education, new defibrillatorspromotion of social integration, subsidies for warm meals)
- Public space (e.g. small architecture, decorative elements, lighting, development of yards and squares)
- Sport and recreation (e.g. sport fields, sport activities, acquisition of sporting equipment available to everyone)
- Urban green areas (e.g. planting new trees and bushes, development of parks, seeding lawns and flower meadows)
How to submit a proposal?
District-level projects can be proposed by filling in a submission form, available online (in Polish), from January 25th until February 22th.
City-level projects include all the concepts which go beyond the needs of one district residents.
A city-level project should not cost more than 1 million zloty.
This year a special category was selected, Climate Participatory Budget. The CPB will accept those undertakings which aim at:
- increasing the energy efficiency use and share of the alternative sources of energy acquisition,
- decreasing CO2 emission,
- increasing the area of greenery in the city,
- efficient water management,
- educational, cultural and information activities in the above mentioned fields and in the area of waste management.
Voting on proposals
• Will take place from June 7th to 21th at bo.gdynia.pl.
• You choose city-level projects and those pertaining to the district of your choice (not necessarily the one in which you currently live).
• Choose no more than 3 small district-level projects, 3 large district-level projects, 3 city-level projects and 3 CPB projects.
The announcement of voting results will take place by June 25th.
• Once the voting is complete, we'll make a list of selected city-level and district-level projects, both small and large.
• We'll implement the projects which received the largest support and that can be financed entirely from the PB funds.
• Any unused funds (insufficient to implement another project with the largest support) will be used in the PB in the following year.
We recommend reading information booklet which contains complex information about Participatory Budget in Gdynia. Information booklet in PDF is avaliable here.